COLLECTION, USE & SHARING OF INFORMATION
In order to provide our services aimed at fulfilling our missions, and to fulfill other purposes as outlined below, we need to collect and process some information. “Personal Information” is information that can be used to identify you, and we have provided specific examples of the Personal Information we may have collected about you below. Personal Information does not include de-identified or aggregated information, which is information in which identifiable information is removed and that cannot reasonably be used to identify an individual. We may use de-identified or aggregated information for any purpose, and we share de-identified or aggregated demographic information not linked to any Personal Information with our business partners, trusted affiliates, and advertisers.
For EU data subjects who are covered by the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), we will only process your Personal Information, including sharing it with third parties, where (1) you have provided your consent which can be withdrawn at any time, (2) the processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party, (3) we are required by law, (4) processing is required to protect your vital interests or those of another person, or (5) processing is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate commercial interests, except where such interests are overridden by your rights and interests.
Categories of Personal Information We Collect:
- Identifiers, such as name, mailing address, phone number, email address, financial account information (such as payment card details), and internet protocol address.
- Geolocation data is gathered when users interact with our Site
- Internet or other similar network activity, including browsing history, search history, links, and information regarding your interaction with an internet Site, application, or advertisement.
Categories of Sources for Personal Information We Have Collected:
- We have received Personal Information from users of our services through their direct interactions with our services, including by signing up for services or donating to us.
- We may use publicly available data or third-party services to supplement or ensure the accuracy of Personal Information.
- We have collected Personal Information such as technical data, usage data, and internet and other similar network activity through automated technologies and users’ interactions with our services and from service providers.
Our Business or Commercial Purposes for Collecting Personal Information and Categories of Third Parties to Whom the Information Was Disclosed:
- Identifiers are collected to contact individuals, provide users with our services, to process payments made on our Site, to improve the quality, safety, and security of the services, to customize and improve our services, to administer your account and process your requests related to the services, to respond to direct inquiries and to contact individuals about Safe Humane. We may provide this information to volunteers and service providers who assist with the sale of products or services on our Site. We may share internet or similar network activity with service providers to serve relevant advertisements and obtain analytics information concerning our advertising, or that assist with the sale of products or Services, including services on our Site such as Site hosting, information technology and infrastructure, email service, credit card process, order fulfillment, auditing, or other services.
- Geolocation data is collected to contact individuals, to provide users with our Services, to improve the quality, safety, and security of the Services, to customize and improve our Services, and to detect security incidents and protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity. We may share geolocation data with service providers to serve relevant advertisements and obtain analytics information concerning our advertising.
In addition, where consistent with applicable laws and regulations, we may disclose Personal Information in all categories above:
- to prepare, negotiate, or perform a contract with you;
- to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process otherwise required by law or the competent government or judicial authorities;
- to establish or preserve a legal claim or defense;
- as part of corporate restructuring, sale of assets, merger, or divestiture; or
- to prevent fraud or other illegal activities, such as willful attacks on our information technology systems
SELLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will not sell your Personal Information to third parties for their use without your consent.
Choices and Access
Your choices regarding our use and disclosure of Personal Information
We give you certain choices regarding our use and disclosure of your Personal Information for promotional purposes. You may opt out from receiving electronic communications from us by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you no longer want to receive promotional-related emails from us, you may opt out according to instructions in such communications. Please note that if you opt out of receiving marketing-related messages, we may still send you important administrative messages.
Access, change, or deletion of Personal Information
To the extent the rights are provided to you by applicable law, including the GDPR, if you would like to request to review, correct, update, or delete Personal Information that you previously have provided to us, please contact us at email@example.com. Please note that deletion of Personal Information may be limited by applicable law. For your protection, we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We will respond to your request consistent with applicable law.
Your Californian Rights
FOR RESIDENTS OF CALIFORNIA ONLY. Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code requires select businesses to disclose policies relating to the sharing of certain categories of your Personal Information with third parties. If you reside in California and have provided your Personal Information to Company, you may request information about our disclosures of certain categories of Personal Information to third parties for direct marketing purposes. Such requests must be submitted to us at one of the following addresses: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Data Integrity and Retention
The security of your Personal Information is important to us. We employ reasonable organizational, technical, and physical safeguards designed to protect the Personal Information we collect. However, security risk is inherent in all internet and information technologies and we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information.
We will only retain your information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. To determine the appropriate retention period for your information, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your information, the purposes for which we process your information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
Data Relating to Children
Our Services are not directed at, and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from, anyone under the age of 16. If we are made aware that we have received such information, or any information in violation of our policy, we will use reasonable efforts to locate and remove that information from our records. If you wish to have your child’s information removed, please contact us using the information below.
Updated: September 25, 2020