Safe Humane Chicago
Safe Humane's mission is to create safe and humane communities by inspiring positive relationships between people and animals. We are an alliance of non-traditional partners that recognize the connections between animal abuse and interpersonal violence and the benefits of the human-animal bond. Our programs focus on education, advocacy and second chances.
A city in which people and companion animals are safe from all forms of violence and have the resources necessary to live in safe, humane neighborhoods.
Our compass and how we behave and make decisions in all that we do:
- Credibility. We base our work on the best available evidence. We are trusted in the communities in which we work.
- Positivity. We advocate for something, not against the alternative.
- Leadership. We have the courage and drive to shape a better future for people and companion animals and empower others to do the same.
- Collaboration. We are committed to collective efforts and non-traditional alliances of advocates for people and for animals.
- Innovation. We creatively embrace opportunities and change to accomplish our mission.
- Empowerment. We inspire and equip others to further our mission.